WHO IS THIS INTERNSHIP FOR?
Students of health and nursery schools.
TRAINING GOALS DESCRIPTION:
- Learning about how is working the health sector in Spain.
- Learning about the organisational and hierarchical structure of health centers.
- Improving language and social skills and cultural knowledge.
WHERE THE TRAINEES CAN DEVELOP THEIR SKILLS AND ACQUIRE THE NEW ONES?
Practical training will take in residential care units, gerondological centers, hospitals, special schools for disabled children, pharmacies, dental clinics, laboratories and more.
SKILLS TO BE AQCUIRED DURING THE INTERNSHIP PERIOD:
- Familiarising with public and private health system in Spain.
- Developing knowledge and skills in preparation to undertake nursing associate and assistant practitioner roles.
- The students will equip skills and knowledge they need to administer high-quality, safe and compassionate care in health centers.
- Developing of tolerance, patience, friendliness and communication skills with patients-clients.
- Helping the personal treating patients and clients.
- Assisting in welcoming the clients and arranging appointments.
- Knowing the staff and their functions, the tasks and responsibilities assigned to everyone.
- Observing the principles of occupational safety and health, hygienic regime of the workplace.
- Assessing a client’s character and chooses a proper form of communication
- Using the professional ethic and unbiased approach to clients
SKILLS TO BE AQCUIRED – OPTICIAN
- Making glasses, an atomic adaptation, expense order
- Ethic to customers, leading conversation, reclaim
- Essentials voucher to glass, paper of credit for health insurance company
- Account order, precipitous and leading company documents
- Choosing right frame, measuring centers parameters
- Selling supplements assortment, giving specialism information
- Ordering lens, frame and supplements assortment
- Repair glasses
- Service machine and equipment
- Modification of interior and expenses, commercial
SKILLS TO BE AQCUIRED – NUTRICIONAL THERAPIST
- Treatment and examining nutritional condition of the individual patient, balance of diet taken by mouth, cooperation on nutritional support with your physician or other paramedical personnel.
- Ensuring accurate dosing of food according to nutritional tolerance with individual diagnoses – determining the energy needs of the body, including the recommended dose of energy, nutrients, vitamins and minerals in terms of the provided medical nutrition.
- Processing diet-therapeutic plans relating to specific diagnosis; processing treatment case studies.
- Guidance and education of patients / clients, families and groups in the area of health and medical nutrition, including appropriate nutrition supplements.
- Cooperating with specialized nutritionists and dietary workers operating a given facility, setting and checking the correct technological procedures, food choice and food and meal rations based on the requirements of the indicated therapeutic nutrition, handing over of documents and participation in the evaluation of therapeutic nutrition based on calculations of the nutritional value of individual diets.
SKILLS TO BE AQCUIRED – MASSAGE AND OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST:
- Learning new competences related to particular working environments and positions
- improving proficiency in professional massage and remedial tasks, in techniques of device operation
- applying the principles of occupational safety
- hygiene and fire safety standards, professional communication
- observing economical and eco-friendly operation
- learning about efficient planning of operation, how to handle unusual and problem situations, as well as learning about the latest trends.
SKILLS TO BE AQCUIRED – PHARMACEUTICAL ASSISTANT:
- production activity: work with prescription (inspection of requirements, calculation of doses, the possibility of changes), work with technological prescription,pharmaceutical enumeration, calculation, individual and mass preparation all common drug forms, keeping record of the preparation and control
- supply activities: participation in taking delivery of goods from suppliers, stocking HVLP
- administrative activities: work in pharmacy with software used in the pharmacy
- control activities: batch control, expiration, temperatures, record keeping about control
- dispensing activities: preparation HVLP according to requisitions of outpatient clinics, inpatient orders or orders by organizations
SKILLS TO BE AQCUIRED – DENTAL HYGIENIST
- Complete entrance examination – anamnesis
- Motivation of the patient to oral hygiene, information about specific problem and suggestions of solution.
- Removing of plaque and tartar supragingivaly (work with ultrasound + manual instruments), depuration, local fluoridation.
- Diet report, diet consulting, fluorid anamnesis and consulting according to dental-hygienist diagnosis.
- Instruction of correct technique care of oral cavity according to the type of the patient.
- Information about appropriate aids of oral hygiene.
- Compilation of plan prevention and treatment in cooperation with dentist.
- Preparing of the surgery, disinfection, sterilization, care of instruments, sharpening of instruments.
- Making detail documentation.
- Evaluation of X-ray pictures and making pictures.
- Keeping the principles of personal hygiene and personal protective working means.
SKILLS TO BE AQCUIRED- LABORATORY ASSISTANT
- Work plan in the laboratory.
- Safety in the laboratory, laboratory glassware washing.
- Basic laboratory calculations.
- Microscope – work with the binocular microscope
- Overview of diagnostic procedures .
- Disinfection and sterilization .
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Hematology and blood transfusion
SKILLS TO BE AQCUIRED – DENTAL TECHNICIAN:
- construct dentures, metal braces, orthodontic tools and other stomatological products and fix these
- process all main and auxiliary dental materials used in stomatology
- operate and maintain equipment in a dental laboratory
- accept, check and store medical materials and maintain their sufficient supply
- administer first aid according to their special qualification before the doctor arrives and cooperate with him
- make rational decisions in a state of emergency
COMPLEMENTARY TRAINING PROGRAMME
Internships can be completed by professional visits – in hospitals, special schools and more.