WHO IS THIS INTERNSHIP FOR?
Students of the music academies and arts schools.
TRAINING GOALS DESCRIPTION:
- Learning about the Spanish and also Latin-American classical and modern music and types of the local musical traditions and instruments, what gives the students a larger overview through which to frame their musical studies or career.
- Understanding and appreciation for different approaches to the music industry as a business as well.
- Knowledge about the specific structure of the public musical education and music industry.
- Learning about the organisational and hierarchical structure of the public municipal bands and orchestras.
- Learning about the organisation of festivals.
- Improving language and social skills and cultural knowledge.
WHERE THE TRAINEES CAN DEVELOP THEIR SKILLS AND ACQUIRE THE NEW ONES?
Practical training will take place in music academies and schools, municipal or other bands and orchestras, or festivals.
SKILLS TO BE AQCUIRED DURING THE INTERNSHIP PERIOD:
- Knowledge referred to various cultural uses and applications of music around Spain and Latin America;
- Playing different styles of Spanish and Latin-American music;
- Playing different instruments typical for Spanish and Latin-American music;
- Developing marketing skills;
- Developing new public relation strategies;
- Organising local festivals and other performances;
- Developing new and radical ways of practicing, playing, and performing;
- Developing new ways of teaching music, as well as a music therapy.
COMPLEMENTARY TRAINING PROGRAMME
Professional visits to the music academies at the universities or music conservatories.