WHO IS THIS INTERNSHIP FOR?
Students of technician of port and terminal terminals.
TRAINING GOALS DESCRIPTION:
- Knowledge about working in port and terminals companies in Spain.
- Learning about the organisational and hierarchical structure of ports and terminals companies (knowing the staff and their functions, the tasks and responsibilities assigned to everyone, etc.).
- Improving language and social skills and cultural knowledge.
WHERE THE TRAINEES CAN DEVELOP THEIR SKILLS AND ACQUIRE THE NEW ONES?
Internships will take place in seaports, river and air ports and logistics companies based in these ports, railway or bus stations, large facilities with large warehouses, car terminals, bus services, courier companies and post offices.
SKILLS TO BE AQCUIRED DURING THE INTERNSHIP PERIOD:
- Passenger service;
- Providing information to passengers;
- Luggage services (procedures and check-in, baggage handling);
- Carrying out simple transhipments;
- Performing manipulation work;
- Quality and quantity control;
- Checking compliance with packaging requirements;
- Securing goods;
- Preparing goods for loading and unloading;
- control of supplies;
- placing goods in the system;
- handling logistic programs;
- Preparing goods to be put into store;
- Checking returned goods;
- completing transport documentation;
- operating a bar code reader;
- Cargo handling;
- Segregation of goods in store.
COMPLEMENTARY TRAINING PROGRAMME
- Internships can be completed by professional visits.