WHO IS THIS INTERNSHIP FOR?
Students of the Carpentry schools.
TRAINING GOALS DESCRIPTION:
- Learning about the typical Spanish Carpentry and special carpentry techniques.
- Knowledge about the Carpentry industry.
- Learning about the organisational and hierarchical structure carpentry company (knowing the staff and their functions, the tasks and responsibilities assigned to everyone, etc.).
- Improving language and social skills and cultural knowledge.
WHERE THE TRAINEES CAN DEVELOP THEIR SKILLS AND ACQUIRE THE NEW ONES?
Practical training will take place in different types of carpentry companies.
SKILLS TO BE AQCUIRED DURING THE INTERNSHIP PERIOD:
- Learning about the organisational and hierarchical structure of carpentry company (knowing the staff and their functions, the tasks and responsibilities assigned to everyone, etc.).
- General cleaning of the different tools and machines used in the training placement and keeping the facilities clean and tidy
- Watching how to develop the different tasks and activities in order to learn how to make them by themselves and to see the particularities of these activities:, renovating and reforming of a house, changing parquet, sanding down doors and painting, sawing boards and other wood material, building furniture, installing wood etc.
- Communication with customers in order to know their preferences and in order to improve the quality of the service.
- Observing several communication techniques in order to identify customer’s needs.
- Identifying the products, tools and machines used and associating these terms with the relevant terms in Spanish language.
COMPLEMENTARY TRAINING PROGRAMME
Internships can be completed by professional visits – other carpentry companies, building with interesting carpentry and more.