WHO IS THIS INTERNSHIP FOR?
Students of the gastronomy schools and culinary arts schools.
TRAINING GOALS DESCRIPTION:
- Learning about the typical Spanish cuisine and local specialties.
- Knowledge about the specific structure of the public nutrition unit and gastronomy industry.
- Learning about the organisational and hierarchical structure of restaurants and bars and hotels (knowing the staff and their functions, the tasks and responsibilities assigned to everyone, etc.).
- Improving language and social skills and cultural knowledge.
WHERE THE TRAINEES CAN DEVELOP THEIR SKILLS AND ACQUIRE THE NEW ONES?
Practical training will take place in highly valued restaurants and hotels.
SKILLS TO BE AQCUIRED DURING THE INTERNSHIP PERIOD:
- Hotel management software.
- Preparing some local and regional traditional dishes and drinks and learning their particularities: “tortilla de patatas”, “paella”, “gazpacho”, “salmorejo”, “mariscos” , “pescado”etc.
- Performing skilled cooking and food preparation.
- Assisting in coordinating food service activities to have meals prepared at scheduled time.
- Washing and drying kitchen utensils/pots and ensuring their proper storage.
- Observing and testing food to determine if it has been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling or piercing it with utensils.
- Weighing, measuring and mixing ingredients according to recipes or personal judgement, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Serving drinks and meals in restaurants and bars, according to the protocol rules they were taught.
- Arranging and cleaning the tables in the serving unit in order to let everything ready for the next day activity.
- Identifying the ingredients used for the products and associating these terms with the relevant terms in Spanish language.
- Communication with customers in order to know their preferences and in order to improve the quality of the service.
- Observing several communication techniques in order to identify customer’s needs.
COMPLEMENTARY TRAINING PROGRAMME
Internships can be completed by professional visits – culinary schools, museum of wine and more.