WHO IS THIS INTERNSHIP FOR?
Students of the hotel, tourism and administration schools.
TRAINING GOALS DESCRIPTION:
- Learning about the hotel industry in Spain.
- Knowledge about Spanish tourism.
- Learning about the organisational and hierarchical structure of hotels (knowing the staff and their functions, the tasks and responsibilities assigned to everyone, etc.).
- Improving language and social skills and cultural knowledge.
WHERE THE TRAINEES CAN DEVELOP THEIR SKILLS AND ACQUIRE THE NEW ONES?
Practical training will take place in h ighly valued hotels.
SKILLS TO BE AQCUIRED DURING THE INTERNSHIP PERIOD:
- Learning the Hotel Management Software.
- Familiarising with computerized system to book rooms and to keep details of bookings and available rooms up to date.
- Dealing with bookings by phone, e-mail, letter, fax or face-to-face and maintain records of guests and visitors coming in and going out of the hotel.
- Assist in check-ins and check outs and complete procedures when guests arrive and leave.
- Assisting in welcoming the guest to the hotel and arranging reservations.
- Knowing the staff and their functions, the tasks and responsibilities assigned to everyone.
- Taking and passing on messages to guests and dealing with special requests from guests, drawing up the commercial offer (like booking theatre tickets or storing valuable items).
- Answering questions about what the hotel and the surrounding area offers, organization of additional service and dealing with complaints or problems.
- Taking notes of guests´ concerns and paying attention to special requests in a personal but also a professional way.
- Practicing administrative tasks: deals with post, uses a word processor and spreadsheets, types and sets up documents (business letters), fills-in forms, classifies and archives documents , uses office equipment (photocopiers, printers, scanners).
- Expediting, organizing, managing data, monitoring phones, and overall work flow in the reception.
- Controlling payments, schedules, class shifts, recoveries of the classes.
- Associating the relevant Spanish terms with the equivalent in her/his mother tongue.
- Helping guests with luggage storage, storing valuables.
- Helping with housekeeping, management of duties and chores involved in the running of ahousehold (using different methods).
- Arrangement of places and rooms for guests and visitors coming to the hotel.
- Arrangement of tables in hotel´s dining rooms and customers service.
COMPLEMENTARY TRAINING PROGRAMME
Internships can be completed by professional visits – hotel and tourism schools(Escuela de Hostelería y Turismo Hurtado de Mendoza, Granada) and more.