WHO IS THIS INTERNSHIP FOR?
Students of the culinary arts schools – pastry and bakery.
TRAINING GOALS DESCRIPTION:
- Learning about the typical Spanish pastry and bakery and local specialties.
- Knowledge about the particularities of pastry and bakery industry in Spain.
- Learning about the organisational and hierarchical structure of bakery and pastry companies(knowing the staff and their functions, the tasks and responsibilities assigned to everyone, etc.).
- Improving language and social skills and cultural knowledge.
WHERE THE TRAINEES CAN DEVELOP THEIR SKILLS AND ACQUIRE THE NEW ONES?
Practical training will take place in highly valued pastry and bakery companies and shops.
SKILLS TO BE AQCUIRED DURING THE INTERNSHIP PERIOD:
- Watching how to prepare and to decorate the most traditional sweets and cakes of the region in order to learn how to prepare them and to realise what the particularities of making these products are: mantecados (Christmas sweets), chocolate figures, magdalenas, tronco de Navidad, etc.
- Learning to set custard, whipped cream, meringue, choux pastry, pudding, croissants, puff pastry, pies and tarts, mousse, cookies, various sets, custard, puff pastry, wonders, Madeleine’s, truffles, chocolate cake, of brazos gitanos, biscuits, palm trees, tortillas and cakes.
- Prepare bread, sugar donuts, shaping and rounding of bread.
- Packaging products and learning to use a bread slicer.
- Work on automatic cutter, divider.
- Identifying products, tools and techniques, general cleaning of various tools and machines used in business, and identification of the organisation and facilities to maintain cleanliness and order.
- Observation of different implementation techniques of various tasks to help the students work independently.
- Preparing all the necessary ingredients and proceedings for baking sweets and cakes according to the protocol rules they were taught.
- Learning how to use the different tools and machines in the training placement.
- Preparing and decorating these local and regional traditional sweets and cakes and learning their particularities.
- Identifying the ingredients used for the products and associating these terms with the relevant terms in Spanish language.
- General cleaning of different tools and machines used in the training placement.
- Respecting elaboration rules of the specific recipes.
- Exchange of knowledge and pastry recipes Spanish and coming country.
- Communication with customers in order to know their preferences and in order to improve the quality of the service.
- Observing several communication techniques in order to identify customer’s needs.
COMPLEMENTARY TRAINING PROGRAMME
Internships can be completed by professional visits – pastry, bakery, culinary schools and companies and more.